The deterioration of exposed concrete and natural stone is mainly linked to two factors: the external environment and the very nature of the material (mechanical resistance / porosity). The mechanical action of water, in the freeze-thaw cycles, causes the disintegration of the superficial part of the elements. L’ chemical action of 26-rsquo; sulfur dioxide in combination with l’ water gives rise to acid rain that attacks the limestone. These combined actions cause the rapid aging of the surface layer of the elements and it is therefore important to intervene in advance. If you do not want to change the aesthetic aspect of the product, you can intervene with products that only increase the hydrophobicity of the support, thus hindering the absorption of the water. If a consolidation of the support is also necessary or desired, it is possible to intervene with transparent waterproofing acrylic products. In this second case there will be a modification of the brilliance and of the color intensity (“ wet effect”).
1. Any molds must be treated with BIOCID algaecide and fungicide solution.
2. After 24 hours, vigorously clean the surfaces from encrustations. Detachable particles must be removed mechanically.
3. Water pressure washing of all surfaces.
4. After 24 hours, apply HYDROMUR transparent siloxane protective, with pearly effect, to one or more saturated coats, wet on wet.
5. Alternatively, apply the water-repellent, unsaponifiable, solvent-based acrylic protective “ GLOSSY VISIBLE FACE” with a wet effect.